Re: Fwd: Vintage Brew

To: Jody007@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Vintage Brew
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:58:23 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jody007@aol.com wrote:

>  I have researched my limited reference material and have found no mention of
>  the "Old Speckled Hen".  Has anyone on the list come across the background
> or
>  history associated with such a unique MG?  It may be worth sharing.

All I remember is that this car was a large, fabric bodied machine, with
a sort of "speckled" finish. It was apparently known to the locals
around the MG factory as "Ole Speckly 'En!". Sorry I can't remember more
than this, but it's a fairly well known story in the UK, I think I read
about it in the MGOC magazine many years ago.

        Bill Davies.

--
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd