Re: Spifrire Tran/OD

To: david r simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Spifrire Tran/OD
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 19:51:15 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
david r simpson wrote:

>  Hi List
>  I am getting a 76 spifire back on the road, am planing and changing all the
> fluids, Engine oil, cooling, Final Drive (diff) & bleed the clutch & brakes.
> When I get to the transmission should I change out the fliter on the
> overdrive also or should I just leave it alone
>
> Thanks
> Dave Simpson
> NE Ohio
> 61TR3B
> 76 Spitfire

Dave-

I changed the oil in my 79 OD.  The screen was nearly clogged.  There
are several small parts and rubber stuff that need cleaning.  Not a bad
idea.  You should also replace the accessable rubber stuff since you
have it open.  As far as oil, use the correct recommended stuff per the
manual.  That's all I did and it works fine.

Brian N.