Herald Chrome Bumpers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald Chrome Bumpers
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 22:28:10 -0700
This is something of a long shot, but I hope someone out there can help
me:

Triumph Herald 948 models for the UK market were built as standard
without any form of bumpers, ie., painted valances. Chromed trims were
produced as an aftermarket accessory by the Cosmic company to "liven up"
the appearance of these cars. As I understand it, these trims were
fitted as standard to certain models of Heralds in overseas markets,
particularly Australia, but possibly others too. Can anyone locate a set
of these trims for me? Those I know of in the UK have all rusted to some
degree as the steel is very thin gauge. I would love to fit a set of
these to my 1959 Coupe.

If anyone can help with this, I would be very grateful. I will pay a
good price for these parts, or if preferred, I could exchange for other
rare Herald parts,

                Cheers,

                        Bill.
--
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd