Re: Electric Oil Pumps?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric Oil Pumps?
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 15:36:05 -0400
Tom offers this:
>and I'm wondering if Bill was asking about an electric oil pump to be
>used before starting the engine, to assure full oiling at start-up,
>since I've heard that that's when most wear occurs.

An alternative to this is the Accusump pressure accumulator. While the
engine is running the accumulator is pressurized and the valve is closed.
Before startup, the valve is opened and the pressurized oil is forced into
the engine. Many race cars use this set-up.

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)