Re: TR6 Seat Clearance

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Seat Clearance
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 09:03:06 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:09:41 -0700 scott suhring
<suhring@lancnews.infi.net> writes:
>My '70 TR6 is at the final stages of the extended
>work being done  ...
>
>Took the car to have the new hood installed, and ran into
>a problem with putting the driver's side seat in (interior
>not done except for the rear 1/4 behind the seats). The seat
>will not fit past the B-post due to the reclining mechanism,
>even though there is still a good 4 inches of room on the rail
>the seat can slide back. T
>Scott Suhring
>Elizabethtown, PA
>'70 TR6

Scott,

I don't mean to sound stupid, but are you sure you have the driver's side
seat on the correct side? The seats are slightly tilted toward the center
of the car. When we first tried to put my TR6 seats into the car after
restoration we had a similar problem (although my seats are the late
model low back seats). The simple fix was to switch the seats back where
they actually belonged. Hope this helps.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald