TR6 Seat Clearance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Seat Clearance
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 20:09:41 -0700
My '70 TR6 is at the final stages of the extended
work being done on the body (frame/body/rust repair and
new paint job). As can be expected, we are running into
some problems with the finishing touches (bleed nipples
frozen, wiring problems, etc., etc.)

Took the car to have the new hood installed, and ran into
a problem with putting the driver's side seat in (interior
not done except for the rear 1/4 behind the seats). The seat
will not fit past the B-post due to the reclining mechanism,
even though there is still a good 4 inches of room on the rail
the seat can slide back. The right side of the seat butts right
up against the center tunnel, even without the cover, padding
and carpet on yet.

My memory is foggy and I can't find a good picture to answer
the following question.  Should/can the back of seat, when fulling
pushed back on the rail, go beyond the b-post?

Of note, the new floor pan on the driver's side was purchased from
VB and the shop believes it was defective. When getting the body
alligned, the measurements just didn't work out. Toni finally called
TRF Tech Support and verified all  the correct measurements,
specifically
involving the rocker positions. He feels the pan was incorrectly
seated when stamped and this may be contributing to the seat problem.
I plan on following up with VB with all the measurements once the car
is done (?), but be cautious of buying floor pans from them (the right
side floor pan came from TRF and had no problems).

Input would be helpful as we try to get the TR6 back on the road.
So near, yet so far!

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6