TR4A Wiper Motor/Scuttle

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A Wiper Motor/Scuttle
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 13:02:26 -0400 (EDT)
I am restoring a 1965 TR4A and am currently stripping the paint under the
hood in preparation for painting. I was considering taking out the wiper moto
to really get at the area around it but thought I remembered that it was not
a good idea to mess with the wipers unless one had to. Then I looked in on
the recent thread discussing basically the same thing with a TR-3 and I noted
the comments about not doing it - just painting around it.

Two questions:

1 - Does the comment apply to TR-4A also. Should I just leave the wiper motor
alone and paint under and around it?

2 - What the heck is a scuttle?