RE: Michelin redline

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Michelin redline
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 07:54:40 +0100
Tony:

It is my understanding that the proper OEM tire size for TR6 is not
185/70R15, but rather 185/15... no aspect ratio for this size.  Otherwise,
I could calculate the rolling circumference of the tires based on my
understanding of the sizing nomenclature.  My car is fitted with 185/70R15
Bridgestone SF371s and they are too short.  Someone told me once that the
OEM size was closer to a 75% aspect ratio.  Go find, for instance, the
aspect ratio on a set of Michelin Redlines.  I don't think they have one
designated.  They just say 185/R15. Anyone know more about this?

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6