Re: Recalcitrant TRanny Parts

To: joeiv@concentric.net, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Recalcitrant TRanny Parts
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 01:51:32 -0400 (EDT)
If you don't have one ...get one...8 point - 7/16 socket for your 3/8 in
drive ratchet. It's the right tool for the fill plugs on the tranny and diff.
It will kep them square. With a little work you can actually reach both plugs
 this way with the car on the ground...although a jack and jackstand is the
right way to go. Just remember to set the car on the level on the ground, on
it's wheels to let the usual overfill run back out...THEN jack back up and
put the plugs back in. This handy socket is avail at Sears in the tool
catalogue or any MAC, Proto, Snap-on truck you see at any body shop or
garage. Don't be shy when you see one stopped. Ask..they love finding fresh
meat to sell too...smile. I know..I've dropped a lot of cash on these rolling
Christmas Catalogue fantasylands. You all have a Posi-drive screwdriver don't
you???...since there are no Phillips screws on a TR6!! If you had one the
screws on the tops of you ZS carbs wouldn't be rounded out and those trim
screws in the cockpit would stay snug. Shall we start a thread on Posi-drives
for the uninitiated?
Bill Burroughs, So West VTR National Rep, 70 TR6, 68 TR250, 59 TR3A,
73 MKIV, 69 GT6+ and two 65 TR4A Vintage Race cars. Happy Motoring!