Re: Re[2]: Extra Gauges on a Spitfire

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Extra Gauges on a Spitfire
From: "Bill Hooper" <hooper@rf.capitolweb.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 01:53:40 -0500
> From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
>
>      Isn't the dual temp/oil pressure guage used in MG (bite my tongue)
>      Midgets, and other LBC a good replacement for the temp guage in the
>      Spit and GT-6?

I put one in my GT6 (Can't remember which marque it came from).
Oil sensor was electrical, but the water temp was the mechanical type, & I
had to use an adapter for the sensor.
The adaptor was just some brass adaptor thing from the plumbing section of
the hardware store.
Since it was a Smith's gauge, it fit perfectly in the old temp-only gauge's
hole in the fascia.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably order a new one with electical
sensors all around.