FW: HELP NEEDED IN LOCATING A THEIF!

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: HELP NEEDED IN LOCATING A THEIF!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:02:55 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:  Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i]

     Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 08:25:33 -0500
     From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
     Subject: HELP NEEDED IN LOCATING A THEIF!

I need the help of people in the Southern California area to locate a
Stag with almost new 15" Panasport Wheels.

I sold a Stag owner in the Irvine California area a some Stag parts and
a set of Panasport wheels from a TR6 for use on a Stag. The items were
set out UPS C.O.D. and I received payment via check.

It turns out the check was stolen, the purchaser posed as the person on
the check, and had the packages delivered to an address where someone
waited for the UPS delivery and signed the stolen check and received the
goods.

The phone I had for contact is disconnected of course.
I called the person whose check it was and they had already known about
it because their bank did not honor the signature on the check.

If anyone in the Irvine, California/southern California area sees a Stag
with 15" x 6", I repeat 15"(Stag uses 14' wheels) silver Panasport
wheels please email me their license plate number and a name if you meet
them and talk about their car, or any other information you might be
able to get.

I have reported it to the Irvine Police department, Det. Jessup, and all
information or help in locating the car and owner would greatly be
appreciated.

BTW the person was not from the mailing lists on the net, it was from an
ad I am running in Hemmings.

Please keep your eyes open and thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lenny Seidman
--
Lenny Seidman