Re: Squeaks

To: streeter@sanders.com
Subject: Re: Squeaks
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 97 11:33:29 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ken,
        > [snip]
        > For squeaks, my first guess would be the trunk lid rubbing against
        > the body at some point, with the resultant vibration causing a squeak.
        > [snip]

Whoaaaaa!  Way to go Ken!  I've had this squeek (we called it a canary
that was a veteran of too many Grateful Dead concerts) in our TR6 for
6 years, and it bothered the heck out of me.  I've taken off the hood,
replaced all the rubber blocks and cones, greased the hinges.  Everything!
I was going nuts!

But it never occurred to me that it was the hood prop!  Duhhh.
What squeaked every time I raised the hood?  So much for my diagnostic
abilities.

When I read your post, the light went off.  Ding!  Some electricians
tape around the hood prop, and no mo' squeaks!  Magic!  Pam and I
drove around all weekend listening to the silence.  Hey, I could even
hear the motor over the old blown-out Monzas!

Now I can hear the suspension working (clump thump), doors rattle
(bang clang), and Pam doesnt have to shout to get my attention!

Thanks Ken, our car just appreciated another 100%!  I'm stoked!

Gotta love the sound of that 6 at 5500 rpm!

        Shane Ingate hummin' in San Diego