The Durable Dot

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Durable Dot
From: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@lcfh.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 13:27:02 -0600 (MDT)
Hey all,

I've got to put a new double duck tonneau on the TR and I cannot remember
the best way to put the durable dot snaps into the tonneau.  I've got the
remarkable durable dot TOOL, as one should, but...Is it best to hammer the dot
a) without punching a hole in the fabric (probably not...sounds too easy)?
b) punching a hole first (sounds good, but I don't have a hole punch)?
c) burning a hole in fabric with an old soldering iron (my favorite choice)?
d) Just cut an x in the fabric (Or will this lead to rips later)?

Thanks...Paul

Paul A. Carson                                          PSC 37, Box 3244
SOFPARS Field Service Engineer                          APO AE 09459
Sanders, A Lockheed Martin Company                      or
RAF Mildenhall,                                         Low Common Farm House
England                                                 Merton, Nr Watton
pcarson@lcfh.demon.co.uk                                Thetford, Norfolk IP25
6QG