Swallow Doretti

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Swallow Doretti
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Sat, 31 May 97 11:50:28 PDT
Hello all,

I've posted about this before, but the with the increasing number of new
subscibers a revisit of the subject is probably due.

I have in my selection of LBC's a 1954 Swallow Doretti 2 Litre Sports.
This car was very short lived, produced for only 10 months. Approximately
284 cars were built in all counting "production cars", prototypes, and
a few cars built from kits of leftover parts. Of that number, somewhat
over 100 cars still exist worldwide, the majority in the US. The car has
a TR2 driveline with TR2 suspension and brakes. The chassis was built up
around two large diameter longitudinal chromoly steel tubes. The body was
in aluminum over a steel substructure with steel doors. The body shape
is similar to an Austin-Healey 100-4 but with a sharper point to the tail.

My car is the 31st production car and was bought by my father-in-law in
about 1974. It was used as daily transportation until 1980 when it was
badly damaged by a hit and run driver on Labor Day weekend. It is still in
this sorry state but I have spent the last ten years collecting parts and
information.

I would like to ask the collective out there if anyone knows of a Doretti
or has any infomation on the car, no matter how small, to please contact
me. You would be surprised how the smallest bit of info can help.

So if you have a Doretti, used to have one, knew someone who had one, or
whatever, I'ld like to know about it. All information goes into the Doretti
file which is shared with other Doretti owners.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.