Re: Vitesse Victory!

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vitesse Victory!
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 17:10:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> But,best of all,My Vitesse won the major trophy,(a
> big engraved silver cup),for best Herald/Vitesse.

Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's nice to know that all that hard work does pay off.
About the noise, have you tried getting the car up to speed and putting
it into neutral (letting off the gas of course;-).
This should at least tell you if it's engine/tranny noise or something
else.

Also, an update on the racing Herald:
I pulled my engine last night with the help of fellow Herald driver Dave
Hodge. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my spare from the '65 this weekend
and with any luck it won't smoke as much.
A full rebuild is scheduled, but I'd like to run a few more auto-x's
while I'm working on it.

Awfully quiet today; is everyone out driving or what??

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Racing Herald