Carburetor adjustment on 175 CD2

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carburetor adjustment on 175 CD2
From: "William Hofmann" <bill@flextrim.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 08:55:44 -0700
Hello all,
I am a newbie to the net so please forgive my lack of etiquette.

I have recently completed the restoration of a 73 TR6.  The car was running
perfectly but would
not pass Cal. smog so I attempted to rebuild the carbs.  All went well
until I adjusted the needles.
I removed the set screw on the side and inserted the "special tool" which I
then started to twist.  I felt allot of resistance so I tried to work it
back and forth. I then felt a snap and the cap head screw must have rounded
out.

Can anyone tell me what is the proper way to adjust the needles so I can
register her.  I am no longer satisfied driving her around the block at
night.