TR6 speedo help needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 speedo help needed
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:27:35 -0400
Since the speedo in my car doesn't work, or rather doesn't indicate speed
in MPH, I need some help from the list. I figured out the speed vs. RPM
relationship based on the gear ratios and tire size for my non-O/D car and
come up with 64 MPH in 4th gear at 3000 RPM. Does this sound about right?
The car doesn't feel like it's going that fast ;-), but the speedo
indicates about 75, no, wait now it says 90... hold on, now its 70.....

You never get done fixing these cars, do you?

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)