Re: GT6 Performance Header

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Performance Header
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 06:55:13 -0700
Craig writes:
>Hi Lister's,
>     I'm trying to find a hi performance exhaust header for a 66 GT6 MKI.
>Whether it be a after market manufacturer new
While they won't be cheap, you can purchase new ones from almost all the
major parts suppliers.  Rimmer bros lists one, part number RG1276SS.  At
roughly $245 U.S. not including shipping.  TRF lists one, part number
TRFCD271 at $300.  Triumphtune probably also has one, but as I mentioned
they wont be cheap.  The advantage is that they will be stainless steel.
While these aren't made of 300 series stainless (non rusting) but probably
400 series which will rust but is stronger and more heat resistant, they
should still last much longer than the mild steel type.  they should be of
the 3-2-1 type instead of the 6-1 type which I believe is more efficent.

By the way, if anyone has an old header for a later MK 2-3 GT6 or any TR6
that is shot, (bent/cracked/rusted through tubes) but still has the head
flange in good shape and they want to get rid of it, let me know.  I would
like to build a header for my GT6 and all I need is this flange, not the tubes -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)