TR6 Starter removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Starter removal
From: mjromagni@centerior.com (Marty J. Romagni)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 12:37:15 -0400
Hi all,

The starter on my 1974 TR6 gave out Saturday. Luckily I was able to push
start the car to get it home! I've acquired a re-built unit and am ready
to replace the bad starter. I've read the Haynes and Bentley manuals and
according to them the procedure seems relatively straight forward.
However, nothing is ever that easy :-)!

Does anyone on the list have and wisdom/tricks of the trade they can
share with me about this job? As I looked at the area I have to work, it
will be impossible to "drop" the starter as the exhuast pipe is in the
way. It will be tight to get it out thru the top. I was going  to remove
the windshield washer bottle to get more room. Also, I was thinking
about removing the carbs, but didn't want to do that unless necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Marty Romagni