1978 Triumph Spitfire for sale

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1978 Triumph Spitfire for sale
From: "Michael Bayrock" <michael_bayrock@bctinet.bctransit.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 08:52:24 -0700
     I've received the following note from Douglas Warrington.  Aside from
     what is in the note, I know nothing about the car or the guy.

     Please address all questions to Douglas at dwarring@hct.ac.ae

     Thanks

     Michael
     michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
     71 GT6++ KC80064L (awaiting resuscitation)
     70 GT6+  KC7????L (2nd in line)

Bonny is for sale!

At last - after storing Bonny (1978 Triumph Spitfire) for almost 17 of the
nearly twenty years I have owned her, it's time for me to let go.  After
all, children are starving in the world and I'm still paying for storage on
a car I'll probably never drive again since I plan on staying overseas.
Doesn't make sense!

So here's the scoop.  I bought Bonny in Kamloops and except for one early
snowfall that caught me in the Fraser Canyon, she has never felt the snow
(this is saying she is rust free).  She has about 130,000 kilometres and
has been trouble free except for the rear-end which I had to replace.
Naturally she will need to have the hydraulic seals released on the brake
and clutch cylinders as sitting causes these things to seize up.   She has
no bangs or dents - never has had - , has the original SPITFIRE labelling
on the boot cover, and the engine is in perfect order.  She is solid.
Since I drove her into her present location, no doubt the battery has gone
dead so you'll need to buy a new one.  I have two tonneau covers for her,
and the original soft top is in perfect condition as well. (No, I don't
have a hard top - why would I?)  The upholstery is in excellent condition
as well; the gear shift knob has lost the leather around the wooden handle
but that's not hard to repair.  My maintenance record book was taken a few
years ago so all my mileage and maintenance data has been lost.

If you are interested, I'll be back in Vancouver this summer around the
first of August for a few days before returning here to the Emirates.
Please - serious buyers only need respond.  I would like a good home for
Bonny - there's heavy sentimental attachment of course -  and I will not
apologise to the politically correct among you for calling Bonny.  Her.
Love is not rational is it?

Canadian dollars $5,000.00 O.N.O. - money order or certified checks only.
Her colour?  British chocolate brown - I can't recall the proper name
but this should work.

Contact me here in the United Arab Emirates on e-mail [dwarring@hct.ac.ae]
, or by fax , from there it's 011-971-3-820888, or phone (+12 hours)
011-971-3-645018, or mail: Douglas Warrington C/O Al Ain Men's College,
P.O. Box 17155, Al Ain, U.A.E..