using a pinto 2bbl manifold on a spitfire

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: using a pinto 2bbl manifold on a spitfire
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 20:29:18 -0400
Hello all!  Someone mention before having put a Pinto manifold and 2bbl
carb onto a Spitfire.   I have a 1965 Spitfire and know of a junkyard
Pinto from which I could get a free manifold from.  Is it a bolt on
change?  If any work has to be done, what?  And what kind of gains
should I expect?  Does anyone know of a better carb setup for the
Spitfire that could be had as cheaply?  I'd love a set of Webbers, but
they are way out of my price range.

Ed (who drove his formerly dead Spitfire around for the first time
today)