Re: TR6 Front Licence Plate Mount

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Front Licence Plate Mount
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 17:28:20 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-25, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> I have therefore removed the ugly lumpy contraction meant to hold the
>  front plate (the bumper overriders are still on :-( ). But I notice that
>  the two vents (those two rectangular openings below the front bumper)
>  which feed air to the radiator are now somewhat more exposed. Does
>  anyone have any reason to suspect that radiator damage may be more
>  likely due to an increased chance some road debris may enter through the
>  two openings now that they _seem_ to be more exposed?

Peter:

The two vents you speak of are the same size, shape, and placement on the
earlier TR6s, as they are on yours. The earlier models did not have the
license plate holder as yours does. I would guess that your radiator is now
more exposed than before, but not enough to be a concern. It doesn't seem to
be a problem on the earlier models.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/