Re: GT6 Battery Draining and starting problem

To: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: GT6 Battery Draining and starting problem
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:54:56 -0400
Jeff, first I would charge the battery, then diconnect one of the cables
and put a ammeter in series from the cable to the battery terminal and see
if you are drawing any amps, actually milliamps more likely. If you don't
have a meter, put the car in a dark garage and see if you get a spark when
you touch the battery post with the cable.

On the dying, maybe you have an intermittent short. When you missed a gear,
and going over bumps, you would generate a lot of vibration. You may have a
break inside the insulation of the wires going to the coil or
distributor.That was the only time my Tr6 had to be towed home. If I had
got my multitester with me I would have found the problem in 2 mins.

Suggest you hook up all your LT wires toa continuity tester and waggle them
around. Good Luck