Goodyear G800 tires

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Goodyear G800 tires
From: Bill Wood <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 19:40:28 -0700
Well TR6 owners, I guess this is bad news.  I tried!

Bill Wood
1973 TR6
1979 TR8 Coupe
1981 TR8 F.I.
Greensboro, N.C.

Goodyear  G800 tires
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 13:53:18 EST
From: Grant McDuling <Grant.McDuling@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
To: triumph1@nr.infi.net

Bill,
Unfortunately, it seems that the G800s aren't made anymore. The Vintage
Tyre Co in Brisbane did have a batch a while ago, and I've just spoken
to them . They say Goodyear have stopped making them here and the last
of the tyres have been sold. One batch went to another tyre company. I
called them but they were also sold. Looks like it'll have to be a
modern set, I'm afraid.

Regards

At 09:48 PM 5/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Grant,
>
>I saw your post on the TR7/8 list.  Let me introduce myself.  I am Bill
>Wood and I have 3 Triumphs--a 73 TR6, 79 TR8 Coupe and a 81 TR8 F.I.
>
>Now the reason of my post to you.  A couple of issues back in TRIUMPH
>WORLD a gentleman who writes a running report and lives in New Zealand
>memtioned that he was awaiting a run of Goodyear G800 tires.  He stated
>they were still made occasionally by Goodyear of Australia.  Do you have
>any knowledge of this?  I e-mailed both Goodyear USA and Australia and
>received no response from either.
>
>Goodyear G800s were standard equipment on TR6s.  I believe the gentleman
>who wrote the running report had a 2000.
>
>Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Bill Wood
>Greensboro, N.C.
>U.S.A.

Grant McDuling
Public Affairs Manager
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture      Ph: (07) 3377 0361
306 Carmody Road                Fax:(07) 3377 0400
St. Lucia QLD 4067
AUSTRALIA               Email: grant.mcduling@tag.csiro.au