Re: Radiator Filling

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator Filling
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:58:15 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Justin Wagner wrote:

> Johnny Storm: International racing car driver wrote:
> >
> > Didn't someone out there mention that adding anti freeze to 'water wetter'
> > treated coolant spoiled it??
> >
> > Johnny Storm '77 spitfire 1500
>
> This is not the case Johnny... the label says to put it in right with
> your regular coolant... if you choose to do so.  Works great.
Judtin and Johnny;
The results I have had with WW is that it works best with 100% water and
the effectiveness goes down the more anti-freeze you use.  My 90 Olds
98  maintance requirments demand that you use a 50-50 mixture and even
threaten an engine fire if you don't (Do you think there is a hidden
device in there?).  It also has a coolent temp readout.  Exactually the
same readout, with or without the WW. The TR6 with 100% water and WW
runs cooler than either 50-50 or 100 water w/o WW.  WW contains some
lube for the water pump according to Red Line so it can be used alone
for awhile.  I usually add a little water pump lub to be safe.  In the
winter I add only enough anti-freeze to protect against freezing.
Bob