RE: Back in the saddle again

To: "'ualbert@juno.com'" <ualbert@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Back in the saddle again
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 04:20:47 -0700
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Well,

        Re; #1  If you can't get enough swing to release the belt by loosening
the top bolt, I would think the logical answer is to remove the bottom bolt
too.  Be careful as there is a spacer block in there and you will want to
realign it the same way for proper belt alignment.  I would replace the belt
with a slightly longer one to facilitate the ease of removal next time.

        Re: #2  My 72 has the antenna in the front fender.  Can't really say
what the proper attack is on the rear mounted.

        Re: #3  I am currently running 185/70 HR13 Bridgestones on the Spit
steel wheels.  Clearance in the front wheel wells is "close", especially now
that I dropped the front end slightly with the addition of uprated front coils.
 Must be carefull over those speed bumps, but handles really well.

Good Luck

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hil, CA  (home to the Mushroom Mardi Gras this weekend)