Re: '64 TR4 Colors

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '64 TR4 Colors
From: Rainer Wallnig <Wallnig@KR.FH-Niederrhein.DE>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 19:52:41 +0200
At 15:42 19.05.97 +0000, you wrote:
>I am in the process of doing a general fix up/paint of my '64 TR4 and
>need some help on colors.
>
>Does anyone have the color code for British Racing Green?
>
>I have a wood dash; what color should the console be.  Right now mine
>appears to be painted with 'wrinkle paint'.
>
>How do I remove the snaps from the doors?  (These are the snaps that
>hold the tonneau cover.)
>
>thanks in advance
>
>pete menuez

Hi pete,

my TR4 has BRG from Jaguar, the colour code is HFB 753. There are three
variants, I chose variant C which is the darkest. She looks great! But it
is not original TR racing green (which is lighter, for my opinion too light)

My TR4 had a wooden dashboard (and has again, home made) as well, the
console was and still is black, wrinkle paint.

The snaps can be removed by drilling the rivets away! And then install new
ones even if you dont use a tonneau cover.

Hope it helps, good luck

Rainer Wallnig, TR4 `63 daily