Re: '73 TR6 (was TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars)

To: DANMAS@aol.com, streeter@sanders.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '73 TR6 (was TR6 '74 & '74 1/2 cars)
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 10:22:50 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-21 06:01:42 EDT, DANMAS@aol.com writes:

<< On the earlier cars, the bumper almost touches the indicator
 lamps. On the '73, there is clearly a space.

 I may be off a little on the year, but I am almost certain that around '73,
 this type bumper was fitted. I don't think it's just a case of someone
 removing the overriders, either, because that leaves the mounting holes
 visible. I would love to have confirmation on this. It has been puzzling me
 for quite a while. Anyone? >>
On my early 73 TR6 (CF870U) there clearly is significant space between
the indicator lamps and bumper. Comparing it to pictures of my first TR6
(1974 1/2 CF29096U with overiders & clear/amber lamps below bumper)
I'm really suprised at how much lower the bumper is on the 73. I can
confirm that the 73 is as original and the 74 1/2 was as original when the
pictures were taken.
Cheers!
Jack Mc