Re: TR3 body / frame rejoining

To: Matt Barre <mbarre@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 body / frame rejoining
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 19:48:57 +0100
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Matt Barre wrote:

> 3.  Undercoating.  THis may have already been discussed but the painter
> asked if I wanted the wheelwells undercoated.  I don't think I want
> undercoating sprayed all over my freshly rehabed frame.  Were these cars
> delivered sans undercoating?
>
> TIA.
> Matt Barre
Matt: If the car is going to be driven (And it should!)here's what to do
to protect from stone chips. Have the fenderwells sprayed with the clear
vinyl that is used on rockers panels, etc on todays cars. It allows the
color to show thru, with out any of that black goop cloging up that nice
expensive deatailed underbody. I did the entire underside of my Tiger
with this and it worked just fine. I think that 3M or Marcoat was the
manufacurer.