Re: Weber Carb. Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber Carb. Questions
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 07:20:21 -0700
>he PO got these parts at a swap meet and knew little about them
>(he was also mechanically challenged).
>
>The intake manifold looks correct and has the word Cannon stamped on it.
>The Weber has the following information stamped on it:
The manifold is a common, weber downdraft conversion.  Not terribly
efficient but works suprisingly well when properly set up.  The carb. can be
converted to manual choke but isn't worth the effort.  It's much easier to
hook up a wire to a switched igniton source - It's probably not worth the
money to have it rebuilt as a new one  isn't much more expensive, plus if
not already sorted out you will need to invest in jets etc. so unless you
are planning on doing the work yourself don't plan on saving any money.
Before I stuffed the V6 in my car I had this very setup and was quite happy
with it -

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire (undergoing T5 transplant)
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)