TR 6 LIST

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR 6 LIST
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 May 97 21:41 GMT+1200
Many thanks Chris Bullock for the 20 page TR6 list.Very interesting to see
that some engine numbers are hundreds behind the comm number,yet there are
engine numbers well ahead of comm numbers.Also engine numbers ending in
UE,some with out the U & one with a JE,should that be UE??.
I posted some weeks ago about side instrusion bars fitted inside TR6
doors,as yet no one has come up with a date or from comm number, when
Triumph fitted these bars,& were they fitted to both doors,or just the
driver door.Recently i had a door sent over from Australia,it weight a lot
heavy than my own one,had the feeling it was full of lead filling & on
closer look i came across the instrusion bar.Can anyone throw a light on
this mystery,has your TR6 have this bar fitted.On another note with my CR
TR6 it has a early comm number,records show that it should have a recessed
block & small exhaust valves,yet the stamped number on the head tells me it
is CP engine & no tell tale tag on the head gasket.This will be known
shortly when the motor comes down,has 1/2 inch play in crankshaft,previous
invoices from other owners counts up to 3 motor pull down to fix crankshaft
float.Another block will fix the problem. To cap off, thanks Chris for
list,anyone have comments on side bar in TR6 doors. Will be good to see the
TR4-4A list soon.
HI Chad Jester,hope mother & new baby boy is fine,a very British name in
calling him Austin,good luck with the Herald,plenty of RHD models in NZ.
Cheers Ashley.