Made LBC Week just in time!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Made LBC Week just in time!
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 16:41:26 GMT
Although he's been out of storage since early April, "Trevor" is finally on the
road for '97!

What started out as just some minor rear end work turned into one month total
downtime and over $600 in parts.  Doesn't it always work out that way?  You
keep saying to yourself "well, since I'm in this far I might as well change
such and such..."

It's an addiction that came to an end only because I feared not being able to
drive to the BMCNE-Vermont cook-out this weekend.

New nylatron bushes for the trailing arms led to a new differential mount kit.
A diff rebuild then would make sense right?  Done.  Since the axles are out
let's change all the rubbers, do a brake job, shock links, dampers and springs
(last year), and more.  Then, sandblast and repaint the wheels before mounting
the new 70 series redlines (finally).  I've been dying to check out these tires
(and promising a report to the list) since December.  Finished with a Mobil 1
oil change and fired 'er up at 8:30 p.m.

Now where do I go at that hour?  A long stretch of highway?  A dark twisty two
lane?  Why to the beverage warehouse to buy some British beer of course!  This
weekend's party will be featuring Bass Country Ale and Double Diamond and I'm
on beer procurement duty.  But the initial report on the tires is very
favorable... and they look great!  The full blown road test will have to wait
though as it's raining here again today.

Joe Merone

South Burlington, Vermont

CF 18928