need dif for spit

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: need dif for spit
From: Zink <Tiger245@Cris.Com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 10:29:45 -0500
HI Y'All,
Well 2 weeks ago I thought I had the Spitfire ready for the infamous
STATE INSPECTION.  I was backing out of the driveway for a test drive to
make sure everything was working properly.  Got it straightend out in
the street, put it in 1st gear and started to slip the clucth and POW!!
nothing moving. Tried reverse again..nothing.  Tried second, third and
fourth, same results.  Rounded up my 20 year old son and we pushed the
Spit back in the garage. Jacked up the rearend and pulled the left rear
wheel and brake drum off, grabbed the axle plate and twisted it fore and
aft.  I could feel the axle slipping inside the rear housing with the
tell tale clunking of a destroyed diff.

Now for the reason for this post.  Help!! I need a differential.  Does
anyone have a spare lying aroud that the would be willing to part with
at a reasonable price. The gear ratio is a 4.11.

TIA
Larry Zink
1964 busted Spitfire4
Houston, Texas