Re: Color blind!

To: ws4309@pcps.edu
Subject: Re: Color blind!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 16:52:01 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 26 Mar 1997 ws4309@pcps.edu wrote:

>       I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me the colors that
> were available for the '76 Spit.  The PO of my '76 painted over the factory
> (I think) "Gumby" green paint...[not too keen] but I want it to at least be a
>factory
> color (colour).

Java is the official name, but I think I like your description better! ;-)

>       Somewhere on the web I stumbled onto a page with the original colors
> listed, but I didn't bookmark it and I'm unable to find it again!

Perhaps you found the list at:
<http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire/color.htm#Spit1500>

TRIUMPH DATABASE / Amicale Spitfire / Triumph Colours

Spitfire 1500

              Body Paint           Interior Trim
 October 1974 Carmine red          Black or Beige
              White                Black or Beige
              Pimento Red          Black
              Mimosa Yellow        Black or Beige
              Maple Brown          Black or Beige
              Java Green           Black or Beige
              British Racing Green Black or Beige
              French Blue          Black
              Delft Blue           Black or Beige
              Topaz Orange         Black or Beige

 March 1977   Carmine Red          Beige
              Leyland White        Black or beige
              Vermilion Red        Black
              Inca Yellow          Black
              Russet Brown         Beige
              Brooklands Green     Beige
              Pageant Blue         Black or Beige

To view many of these colors, check out VTR's Web site. Either:

<http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont2.jpg> or
<http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont7.jpg> should show most
all of the above.

--Andy