Re: [Fwd: INSURANCE]

To: mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: INSURANCE]
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 14 May 97 15:11:57
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin Libhart wrote:

>>Sorry, but I've inadvertently deleted thread/addresses pertaining to
Haggerty Insurance, etc.  I'm currently considering Condon & Skelly,
have application form, etc., but I'm concerned about their strict usage
limitations. My car is NOT a daily driver, but on the other hand, we do
like to take it for frequent Sunday drives, other misc. trips that are
probably not what the insurer would define as a "maintenance check
drives" (especially when you've filed a claim).

I would like more information on Haggerty.  Do they have similar usage

limitations?  Address/phone info??<<

I just talked with Haggerty (800-922-4050).  They nixed the idea for a policy
for my Spitfire because of the way I use it -- as my primary transportation on
weekends.  They do have a 2500/mi/year
limitation (which I would probably exceed anyway).  They will allow you to take
your car on drives and to shows, but they will NOT let you use it to go to the
auto parts store, even if it is only on weekends -- that is to say, you are not
allowed to use it like a REAL car at any time.

As per Rich Ceraldišs suggestion, I have been talking with Parish Motorsports,
which also likes to enforce the 2500/mi/year limit, but without qualification
as to how you rack up those miles.  (In my case, they can only provide damage
and theft insurance, because of
the peculiarities of Virginia law  -- something about how vehicles must be 25
years old to qualify as antiques insurance.)

The number for Parish is 800-274-1804.  Good luck...

--
Martin Secrest