Birth announcement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Birth announcement
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:59:17 -0500
KC 53567L - 69 GT6+ on May 8, 1997.

Terrick here, and my ex-racer is running!

It did take 24 volts to start it the first time but it's past that now.

Now that the cooling system cools, it doesn't overheat anyomre.

Don't need an interior heater thanks to the header system,  working on that
soon.

Already managed to leak about a quart of oil out of various orfices,
including an oil feed line to the head and the oil guage line which started
rubbing on the LF tyre.  (DCO)

185/70 13's on 6 inch Revolutions DO NOT FIT in the front.

How did anybody ever live with the brakes on this thing without power assist?

Are you claustrophobic?  Stay away from a black interior.  And GT 6's.

The factroy S4 race cam WILL idle at 1100 when timed to 35 deg. BTDC intake
insted of 42.  Adjustible 150 CD Strombergs will work with 6J needles.

A 4.1 rear end is not required but the posi is well worth it.

All of a sudden my warmed up Volkswagen feels and sounds like an 82 Chevy
caprice!  Slow, but quiet.

Sure feels great to throttle steer again!!!!!!!

Dave Terrick
Waterpeg, Manitoba