Re: Hot Engine and Engine Stall (Revisited)

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hot Engine and Engine Stall (Revisited)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 11:09:52 +0600 (EDT)
On Fri, 9 May 1997, Tim Engel wrote:

> > Good point and what about the sender unit??
>
> Or the Voltage Stabilizer...I would bet on the stabilizer ground
> first,  then the stabilizer itself,  the sender,  the engine and the
> gauge...

Actually, I'd bet on the sender first, based on my experiences. As always,
YMMV!

> don't run the engine without a thermostat.   Flush the cooling system and
> have the radiator checked for crud build-up/ blockage...

And the engine itself. It's truly amazing what just probing around the
block drain hole (with a stiff wire or similar) might help remove during a
flushing operation. If the coolant flow out of the block drain is anything
but fast and steady when first opened, dig around in there.

--Andy