Re: Triumph Wheel Bearing Caps

To: vicwhit@octonline.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Wheel Bearing Caps
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 13:31:39 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

You probably got other replies, but here goes...

Before you install the new bearing cap on your car, weld or braze a
1/4-20 nut on the inside of the cup. If you want British originality,
make it a 1/4-28 nut! Then the next time you need to pull the cap, thread
a screw on, lock a pair of vice-grips on the head of the screw and yank away!

I did this on my TR6 a few years back. It comes in handy, as I've had the
front-end apart a few times.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? 3 or 4.