More on gearbox & diff oil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on gearbox & diff oil
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Wed, 7 May 97 10:14:53 PDT
An additional trick to ease the filling of gearboxes and diffs is
to heat up the oil. 90 wt flowss a lot easier at ~160F than at
room temp. I do this by bringing a large pot of water almost to a
boil and then putting in the sealed oil bottles in for about 15
minutes. Then just take out the bottles, attach your hand pump
and go for it. The stuff goes in a lot faster. Obviously, be careful
with the hot water and oil.

I suppose you could microwave the stuff, but I can just picture what
would happen if you overdid it and the bottle burst! Could have a
definite impact on domestic harmony!

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.