Re: Thanks Re: TR6 oil change access

To: SBoz39@aol.com
Subject: Re: Thanks Re: TR6 oil change access
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 07:52:31 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
SBoz39@aol.com wrote:

>      Thankyou to all who have responded.  I might have
> mentioned that I had bought the spin on adapter and three
> filters for use after the engine rebuild but the mechanic
> said that his past experience with them was that they were
> difficult to seal well.

He's right, the spin-on filter adapter is hard to get to
seal well to the engine block, in the same way that the
original canister is difficult to get to seal properly.
Fortunately, however, with the spin-on filter adapter, you
only have to get it to seal right once!

I've found the conversion to be a great benefit for frequent
oil changes.  I did two oil changes last year, and will probably
have to do at least three or four this summer -- gee, just
driving to Texas and back for the VTR National is 3600 miles
requiring an oil change in and of itself!

--ken
'70/'74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com