Re: Wire Wheels?

To: Z@iamug.org, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 14:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-01 13:33:10 EDT, Z@iamug.org writes:

>  However, I do not know what I would be looking for as far as bad wires
>  go.  Can anyone help me here?

Zach,  basically ther are three areas.  You need to check the splines in the
wheel hubs and also the splines on the adaptors.  They should look like a
pyramid with the top cut off and should be symmetrical.  Then check the
spokes for looseness, for rust, and for bent or broken sections.  The rim
itself should be smooth and true (no warping).  These are all judgment calls.
 If the splines are bad - forget the whole thing.  If the spokes are loose or
broken they can be repaired - ditto with the rims.  Of course that depends on
how badly they are damaged.  There has been a short thread here recently
about replacement wheels.  You might want to look at that.  If I can provide
more help please come back to me.
Cheers
Art Kelly