An apology

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: An apology
From: Rick deOlazarra <cattail@slip.net>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 11:21:00 -0700
A couple days ago I posted a request, on this list, to one of it's
members, to please refrain from placing a link to a non-Triumph
web page that was routinely included in his postings.  The link was
included in (what I've since learned was) his "signature".
   Fifty four years of being bombarded by intrusive advertising every-
where I turn has darned near turned me into a crazy nazi whenever I'm
exposed to anything resembling another plug for something...
   But thanks to the responses of several more seasoned members of the
web, I learned that most people who include URLs w/ their postings are
webmasters in need of feedback on their sites, and that the "signature"
is not really a part of the posting; it's just there if someone wishes
to use it.  Several other insights, and perceptions shared, convinced
me that my request for the gentlemen to exclude the link in his signa-
ture was one that, to no small degree, was made out of the ignorance
of a green pea to the internet community.
   My apologies to anyone who may have been offended, and especially to
John Cowan, whose posting I jumped on.

Rick '74 Spitfire