Re: TR6 carb and ignition timing

To: lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 carb and ignition timing
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:00:10 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-30 10:47:53 EDT, lars.johnsen@lili.uib.no (Lars G.
Johnsen) writes:

<< I wanted to
 measure the air flow, so I simply used a piece of chocolate bar wrapping
 (Ryder or Rider?) I had in my pockets. By putting the wrapping over the
 carb inlets I could measure how much each carb was able to suck the
 paper into it, and used that as a reading of air flow.  >>

The classic method is ,of course, to use a length of fuel line.  One end next
to the ear the other end held at 90 degrees across the air inlet until a
whistle is produced.  Air flow is equal when the pitch of the sound is the
same on each carb.
Bob Paul