Lucas ignition

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lucas ignition
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:25:14 -0700
>I have had similar problems with my Spit that I think are due to the
>Lucas ignition box.  I haven't messed with it yet as it is very infrequent
>so far.  Members of our club suggest that the fix could be as simple
>as opening theignition box and renewing the silicone compound that
>facilitates the heat transfer from the chip.  If that doesn't work they
>claim that a new chip (US source) is under $20.
>
>Good luck,
>MRB

Could you give us more info on the particular chip in question? Type of
chip......location inside box.....anything else that might help
replacement. This is the first time I've heard of "repairing" the infamous
Lucas Black Box.:-)

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's