Re: tonneau cover<Pine.OSF.3.90.970429134236.3769C-100000@thunder>

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: tonneau cover<Pine.OSF.3.90.970429134236.3769C-100000@thunder>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:51:04 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>On Mon, 28 Apr 1997 Rich wrote,>
>>

>ps, how long d'ya reckon it'll take to change a Spit body? ie, unbolt old rusty
>> one, snap in the middle due to rust, throw away, then bolt on decent one!

>Is it just the floor that is shot to bits then?? If so simply use a torch
>to cut out the floor area, support the body and lift off. Bolt a new
>floor down and then lower the old body back on. this method saves on a
>lot of disassembly and costly repainting. As soon as you have done this
>quickly sell it at the next show as an 'original car':-)

What about the inner(15) and outer(35) A-posts, lower rear inner wings(10),
outer rear wings(90), decking panel(S/H), boot gutters(S/H), light panel(75),
rear valance(30), windscreen surround(S/H), bulkhead(hmmmm), floors(55),
not to mention the bonnet(500)!!!!

Approx = 15x2 + 35x2 + 10x2 + 90x2 + 75 + 30 + 2x55 = 515 quid!!!!

+ Bonnet = 1015 quid!!!! Now that is a lot of pints, I mean English Pints, NOT
that Budweiser stuff!!!! :-)  Only kidding!

>Johnny Storm (DPO in training!)
Hmmm, Have you EVER fitted a plate to a floor pan with seam sealer instead of a
welder????  have you ever secured a coil into a clamp that is too big by using
an old Morris Minor axle u-bolt???? Or ever filled the front wheel arches of a
Spitfire with News of the World newspaper and filler/gobbo/bondo/etc????  Guess
who has??

Cheerio

Rich