Re: Spark plugs and proper gap

To: Charles Corliss <ccorliss@ovnet.com>
Subject: Re: Spark plugs and proper gap
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:37:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Charles Corliss wrote:

> I have a 1969 TR-6 that has a Lucas sport coil and Crane elec. ignition.
> What should I gap the spark plugs???  Also what plugs work best in my 69
> TR-6.         Thanks for the help
> Charles Corliss

Regarding plug brand/type, I just recently went through some real
"testing", if you will, as I worked to resolve a tuning/timing problem,
fouling several plug sets in the process.

Problem now solved, and I have had extremely good results with NGK (plug
BPR5ES), as well as the ACCEL V-Groove plug ((plug no.496).  Both of
these plugs are a slightly hotter plug, equiv. to Champion N12Y.  I gap
at .025 - but I don't know what to recommend to you, since you have
elect. ignition.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)