TR-6 Seatbelts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 Seatbelts
From: dezn490@wadnr.gov (dave eaton)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:46:25 -0700
The other day there was talk about the inertia reel seat belts on Tr-6's and
as to when they were interduced.
In going through an old issue of TOSA Newsletter I came upon this.

"There appears to be some confusion regarding the correct operation of current
inertia type seat belts fitted to our vehicles after January 1972.
 These belts are vehicle sensitive as operation is concerned, and this simply
means that they allow the occupant complete freedom of movement under all
normal operating conditions, but in the event of sudden deceleration the belt
will lock.
 In order to check for correct operation of this system, drive the vehicle at
low speed and apply the brakes suddenly and at the same time lean forward on
the harness. Under these conditions the belt should lock automatically."

TOSA Newsletter Volume 18, Number 6  June 1972

So I hope this helps to narrow down that inertia belt were introduce Jan. 1972.

Dave Eaton
71 GT6 MK3
62&65 Heralds
TSSC NW/USA/rep