Re: Aftermarket Seats

To: "Isaac Crow" <Isaac@Avana.Net>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Seats
From: "The Herr Family" <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:38:22 -0400
Cc: <TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net>
Isaac,
They sell several models. The model I selected does not recline. It is
designed with
metal frame that has four bolts in the corners. By coincidence? it seems to
line up
almost lines up perfectly with the stock seat slides. Since mine were over
30 years old
and too rusted to even consider sandblasting, I ordered new slides from
TRF. They were
around $40 each. Nice, new and plated to prevent rust. The only
modification is to drill
out the front bracket that is riveted to the top of the slides. It should
then mount using the
original rear bolt holes and possibly require a hole drilled where the old
front bracket mounts.
I will let you know soon enough as I plan on mounting both seats to the new
frame in a few days.
The seats did seem to me to be the best solution for a car that will be
show quality, but
definately not "stock". TR4A seats are very expensive to rebuild, since I
would have needed new
foam, seat covers and the expertise to install. Plus they would be lousy
for autocross!
 I have a show car, the TR4A is being built for driving!

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A