Re: TR6 replacement seatbelts

To: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 replacement seatbelts
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 15:05:32 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe Flake wrote:

> It's fun watching us try to zero in on THE car with
> inertia type seatbelts.
>
> FWIW...
>
> My '72 TR-6 is an early one.  It's CC75128 ('72 started
> with CC75000).
>
> Belts look original, but who knows with these things.
> It has lap belts only, no shoulder harness at all (wish
> it did, and hope to put them in one of these days).
>
> But it does have the bolt on the rear wheel well, where
> the shoulder harnesses usually fasten (either directly
> or a turning point down to a retractor on the floorboards).
> Does this mean it originally had shoulder harness, or was
> this just a bolt for the racing types to hook belts to?
>
> Joe
> flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com
Hi Joe:

The bolt was standard for an optional shoulder belt, similar to the
Spitfire offering.  Also, inertial reel belts were available as an
option sometime in '72, then I believe became standard with the '73
model.

E-mail direct to me sometime and tell me more about your car, all
numbers, history, etc. My TR6 is CC75322L - "went out the door" about
the same time as yours. My commission plate only says 'Sept.1971'.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)