RE: Use of an air brush to paint small parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Use of an air brush to paint small parts
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:10:34 -0500
Cc: d.wilson@asu.edu
Dennis writes:
>Can an average air-brush set up be used to paint small parts with
>a variety of different paints?

I don't know about a "variety of different paints", but I have a really
cheap-o airbrush (Wal-mart, on the model car aisle) that I have often used
to paint small parts with lacquer.  Works great.  In general, I've had
better results with the airbrush by thinning the paint a little more than
you would for use with an automotive spray gun.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@cryogen.com                                      Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB                                 http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191